With the Govt. of India, since 1983 IMSE runs a training centre for Anganwadi Workers under ICDS (Integrated Child Developement Scheme)
Scheme of Government Of India. IMSE also organized regular health check up camps for the mothers and their children in remote areas
in different district. However, it was always felt that the economic development programme of the women was a precondition for women empowerment.
Running for more than 30 years now, Anganwadi programme has been running successfully performing pro poor activities. Under this scheme Ministry of Women and Child Development is implementing various schemes for welfare, development and protection of children. The objectives of the Scheme include:
● Aiming to improve the nutritional and health status of children belonging to the age-group of 0-6 years;
● Aiming to enhance the capability of the mother to look after the normal health and nutritional needs of the child through proper nutrition and health education.
● Aiming to lay the foundation for proper psychological, physical and social development of the child;
● Aiming to achieve effective co-ordination of policy and implementation amongst the various departments to promote child development; and
● Aiming to reduce the incidence of mortality, morbidity, malnutrition and school dropout;
IMSE running the AWTC (Anganwadi Worker Training Centre) has been able to provide job training to a large number of Anganwadi Workers and Helpers both from district and block level.
The process includes :
(i) Induction Training: Here a small batch of 25 trainees are given training for a short duration of five working days conducted for supervisors in ICDS programme.
(ii) Job Training: on in-service training course for Anganwadi workers, supervisors and CDPOs- This is organized for a longer duration of 26 working days;
(iii) Refresher Training: This is conducted with a short duration of five working days with a gap of two years of service;
(iv) Theme-Based Skill Specific Training: This is essentially institutional based, and is conducted to impart key experiences to trainees with proper skill practices to gain competency for enhancing their performances on specific component of ICDS programme followed by the vertical training for the block functionaries at the district level.
We have the ICDS prescribed staffing pattern including a full-time instructor to assess, monitor, prepare and plan the programme and activities. We look forward to provide the much needed job training to more and more deserving candidates.